The Bank of Thailand to Launch Commemorative Banknotes in Remembrance of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
Mr. Veerathai Santiprabhob, Governor of the Bank of Thailand (BOT), unveiled commemorative banknote in remembrance of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
The BOT will issue 20-Baht, 50-Baht, 100-Baht, 500-Baht, and 1000-Baht commemorative banknotes in gratitude for H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s boundless and gracious kindness.
The colors, sizes, and the portrait on the front side of commemorative banknotes are identical to the 16th series banknotes .The main element on the reverse side of each denomination depicts the acquainted portrait of H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej along with the images reflecting the stories over his lifetime as follows:
- 20-Baht: The early life of H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- 50-Baht: H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej’sroyal ceremonies and duties during the early time of his accession to the throne .
- 100-Baht:H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej’skindness through royal duties in rural areas.
- 500-Baht: H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s wisdom and talents reflected through royal projects.
- 1000-Baht:The late reign of H.M.King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the beloved King f Thai people.
The security features are identical to the 16th series banknotes, nevertheless, the special feature is located on the reverse side. The area around the portrait of H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej will illuminate when viewing under ultraviolet light.
The commemorative banknotes will be issued into circulation on 20th September 2017.The notes can be exchanged at any commercial banks, the Government Savings Bank, the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, the Government Housing Bank, the Islamic Bank of Thailand as regular circulating banknotes.
Source: Bank of Thailand